Hello everyone! No wins for me yet this week, but been another crazy busy week. Seem to have spent the whole week washing, ironing, labelling and sharpening things ready for the girls to go back to school tomorrow – I think I will allow myself a very small hurrah at this point! I did work my way through most of the End of Month (EOM) competitions, but I haven’t had any wins through as yet – keeping everything crossed!
August was a pretty good month considering we have had the children home for the whole month. I managed to win 14 prizes over the course of the month, spread over Facebook, Twitter, email and even postal surprise wins! I have managed to start my Christmas prize stash this month by winning a case of white wine from Isla Negra – we don’t drink much at all during the week, so will aim to put the whole case away until later in the year. My favourite prize this month though has to be the romantic mini-break I won through Mils & Boon! It consists of a one night stay at a pretty bed & breakfast in Oxfordshire, as well as a two hour vineyard and brewery tour and tasting! Just waiting to book in some childcare time with my parents and then hubby and I will be off to enjoy some child-free time in the countryside!
Browsing the Chatterbox Forum there have been some awesome wins over the last month –let’s have a look at what people have been winning:
- Several members won £100 Wilkinson vouchers, from their Palmolive competition
- VIP trip to the Rugby including food, meet & greet and travel allowance
- £100 John Lewis vouchers, from a local newspaper postal entry competition
- Lots of winners of £5, from the Kellogg’s bar on-pack promotion
- Several cash prizes from Take a Break, That’s Life and puzzle competitions
- Afternoon tea for two at The Ritz
- A 46” curved TV, from the Right guard competition
- A trip to Rome, from London Midland
- A week’s holiday to Malaysia including excursions, from a Sunday Times text comp
- A VIP overnight stay at Port Lympne animal safari, from a video app competition
There have been some amazing prizes won this month including a fabulous five night trip to Las Vegas with a BBQ at the Grand Canyon! The lucky member entered the Spar in-store purchase competition and has been lucky enough to win the top prize of this once in a lifetime trip - what an incredible testimonial for on-pack competitions and in-store swipe to win promotions – well done!
However I think we would all agree that the most amazing prize that has been announced in the Chatterbox Forum over the last month or so was the VW Polo car, a luxury short break, luggage set and £5,000 won by a member’s mum from Deal or No Deal on Channel 4 via a postcard entry – truly amazing! It goes to show that you really can win those high value TV competitions without having to spend lots of money on a phone call or text message – definitely worth buying some stamps and having a go using your September issue of Compers News!