Hello again compers! How is your week going, any nice wins to report? No June wins for me so far, but won a Nick Junior Goody Bag in a Twitter party on Friday, so will be fun to see what it include when it arrives. Seeing as how it is officially summer it hasn’t felt very summery this week until now. We are off to our eldest daughter’s sports day this afternoon, so at least the sun has decided to make an appearance for that. This time of year there are so many activities going on around the edges of work, home life and comping that it can be difficult to try and juggle everything. Just six and a half more weeks and the children will be off for the summer – argh! I do love them being home, but it means I need to get myself organised before then!
May wasn’t too bad a month for me in terms of wins, considering half term was in there and we were away for a long weekend as well. I managed to win 10 nice prizes over the course of the month, my favourites being the hamper of Bear Nibbles fruit snacks for the children from an Instagram competition, the walking boots for my husband from Millets on Facebook and the family tickets to our local Superbowl won from a local facebook comp. I have a few ticket wins stock-piled up now, and we need to go to the cinema at some point this month, before my prize tickets won from Capital FM expire.
Looking at the Chatterbox Forum I can see that May has been a very fruitful month for some of our lovely members, so let’s see what people have been winning:
- A holiday to Ibiza, with the Vanish / Asda text competition
- A woodburning stove worth £700, from a local company on Facebook
- £1,000 cheque, from Pick me Up Magazine
- £200 Superbreak vouchers, from a local newspaper competition
- More wins of kitchen gadgets and goodies, from the Onken on-pack promotion
- A De Longhi coffee machine, from Sun+
- A Dangerous Day experience, from a local newspaper competition
- An iPad and Mulberry case, from the Tena Lady on-pack promotion
- A weekend break at a country house in Lanarkshire, from a Facebook competition
- An iPad Air 2, from the Vimto selfie competition on social media
- £500 holiday vouchers, from the Carling on-pack competition
- A footie fan’s dream trip to Barcelona, including travelling and food allowance from Gatorade
- Several winners of experiences and activities, form the Yorkie on-pack promotion
Seems like there have bene lots of local winners this month - It definitely appears to pay dividends to scour local magazines, newspapers and social media pages, as quite often their competitions are lower entry. I have won a few local competitions myself (mainly on Facebook), and they are a great way of winning days out, meals and other treats that are local to you.
Being a busy mum of two I love practical prizes, so I would have loved to have won the awesome prize one of our members won of five years’ supply of Shreddies! The prize was won from a photo comp on Instagram, and I think we are all hoping that it comes as vouchers, or that’s a lot of cereal to be trying to store!
I think my pick of the wins this month has to be the lucky member who has won one of the weekly prizes with Cadbury. They and a guest will be off to Berlin in a private jet, £500 spending money, two nights’ 4* accommodation, £100 dinner in the Sky Kitchen restaurant, and a Segway tour around the city! What a fabulous, action-packed prize that sounds - can’t wait to see some photos!
Here’s hoping for more lovely wins this month, and keep telling us all about them on the Chatterbox Forum - I for one love to read all about your fabulous wins!
Happy comping and lots of Lucky Dust to you all!